It is no news that Africans cherish how they look, we take great pride in our appearance. The trends in fashion have also evolved greatly or should I rather say moved in cycles?
Come to think of it, accessories are what actually make you stand-out to a very great deal in any occasion (*ask someone who lost a job because he wore the wrong color of tie*). Unless you have the perfect body-line or an angel for a tailor, you can't make anyone look at you twice if you don't have top quality niche accessories.
That said, I will attempt to list out everything I consider an accessory for both ladies and men.
- The earrings and necklaces
- The bags
- The shoes
- Hats, caps or Gele (hope I spelled that correctly)
- Hand chains
- Wrist Watches
If you have been following the fashion trend for a while, you will agree with me that African inspired designs are gaining more grounds. Virtually every accessory mentioned above has an African counterpart.
You don't have to dress like a rainbow in African attires to be noticed.
- A simple ankara padded earrings and a hand bag on a black gown is a killer, trust me.
- A multicolored ankara coated shoe on a black gown can also make you stand-out.
- For the guys, there are these square shaped bags that are in vogue, get a remake on it and believe me, you are the bomb.
More pictures... I owe all of these pictures to creative designers who have dared to be different and they are not being used for commercial purposes.
I recommend this with Oleku style. Ask your tailor for details....hahaha
Try this on a white cloth or for fun outing. Nothing formal at all
These are the sites I got the pictures for this post from: