Sunday, 11 August 2013
Thursday, 8 August 2013
For a lot of us, we choose to remain in the safe zone. My safe zone is anything on a black trouser. We can slip-past unnoticed in such colors unless our physique enhances the cloth, which should be the case in all times.
I am particularly not an expert in color combination (although I am slowly becoming one) but I believe this article will help you combine colors effectively.
We've been exposed to numerous colors as humans and this has posed a problem in itself. It is interesting to know that these numerous colors are gotten from a simple combination of colors. In its simple form, we have red, yellow, and blue colors which are known as "primary colors". Combination of these colors makes life more beautiful and adds variety. Combination of the three primary colors in equal proportion is supposed to give black.
- Blue and red produces Purple
- Red and yellow produces Orange
- Yellow and blue produces Green
Combining colors can be monochromatic, complementary, triadic, or analogous.
- Monochromatic colors are colors of the same class (hue) that vary based on lightness and saturation. Simply put, you have sky blue, navy blue, turquoise blue, etc. all in the class of blue. It doesn't necessarily mean wearing the same color head to toe. Always try to balance things up.
- Complementary colors are those adjacent on the color wheel. Examples are orange and blue, pink and green, purple and yellow.
- Triadic colors are formed by drawing an equilateral triangle on the color wheel. In some cases, three colors may be too much because of their contrasts, it is best wearing only two of such colors and supplementing them with a neutral. Blue, Red, and Yellow is an example of a triadic color scheme.
- Analogous colors lay side-by-side on the color wheel.
Sunday, 4 August 2013
Beyond wrapping something around the neck, we obviously want to draw attention to our style, color, and quality. Unless you are advertising something else I believe the primary purpose of necklaces and earrings is to enhance the beauty of your face.
Selecting the right necklace is paramount if you want to stand-out. The right choice is influenced by your face, body type, neck shape, and neckline of clothing.
If you are wearing a short, slinky necklace, it should fall below the hollow of your neck and above the neckline so that it is visible.
For long necklaces usually 36"+, they could be worn as a single long piece, double strand or more. As a tip, never allow your necklace slip into your cleavage. If you are fuller, keep the attention on your face and the necklace above your bust.
In summary, general tips for choosing and wearing necklaces:
- Your necklace should be visible
- Your necklace if short shouldn't be too far from your face
- Finally, always keep the attention on your face
Friday, 2 August 2013
And if you are as stubborn as me who spends little time on how I look, get convinced today. In her own words, why you need a make-up artist:
- Provide you with a beautiful look that enhances your appearance
- Get that dramatic and high fashion look
- You fantasy of becoming Cinderella or superman becomes real (I added this)
...some of her jobs
Hello friends, just felt the need to talk about hair styles for men. Sorry ladies, I will prepare something exquisite on the subject for al...
Africa Fashion week Nigeria is a social enterprise that provides a platform to help promote Nigerian and brands through worldwide visibil...
Hello friends, we have a new face on the blog. She is a pro at what she does and her jobs speak for her. Welcome with me the Creative Direct...