Ladies will always go some extra mile to ensure that they look good, and believe me, we love it. As much as what you put on matters, the hairstyle you wear or carry matters a lot. Your hair style can either complement or tarnish your beauty.
While men are more conservative in choosing hair styles (I mean they can stick to one style all their life), women are more adventurous and have more options to explore but truth be told because an hairstyle is in vogue or looks good on someone else doesn't mean it is suitable for you.
While choosing a new hairstyle, there are several factors to consider.
- Shape of Your Face: On the top of the list is the shape of your face. You are blessed if you have an oval face as all hairstyles will most likely fit you. If you have a square or masculine face, try styles that will make you more feminine. If your face is on the round side, you want to try as much as possible to make it appear slimmer.
- Consider Your Stylist: You may have the right face shape, made the right choice, but the power lies in the hands of your stylist. Never, never assume when it comes to styling your hair. Confirm from your stylist that he/she is familiar with the style.
- Your Personality/ Required Care: It is not good enough to choose a style, fix that style and not be able to maintain it. If your hair choice requires daily attention, you must be ready to give it that attention. If you are a girl-on-the-go, you want something that is on the go too. On personality, never go with something you are not comfortable with because it is in vogue. "If you don't like it, don't try it.
- Consider the Trends: Although I have emphasized don't wear it, if you don't like it. You always want to stay on top of your game and that is by changing with time.
I had to meet a Nigerian hair stylist who listed a few of the hair styles he knows (mostly African and a few international). I was awed when he started, enjoy.
- All back
- Invisible closing
- Rihanna Style
- Shut up and drive (huh?)
- Braids (big and small)
- Cotonou braids
- Natural & Artificial dreads
- Zip hair
- Puff puff
- Bee hive
- Crown braid
- French braid
Here are few hairstyles you could try, more to come shortly.
What other styles do you know?