Promote Your Business on Adblabla Now!

Advertisement



Saturday, 21 September 2013

Hair Styles for Men


Hello friends, just felt the need to talk about hair styles for men. Sorry ladies, I will prepare something exquisite on the subject for all of you.
I have been having issues locating a good barber in the last few months. I moved to an old location and obviously needed to change my barber because I changed my hair cut.
The search for someone who is experienced and who understands what I want has been an ultimate search.
First guy I met barbed ok without much explanation, second guy killed my appearance, and so on.

I don't know the name of the hair style I barb. I constantly have to explain. Some get it others don't.
On one of the occasions I asked the barber what that style was called. Guess what he said, "LOW CUT AFRO." I was like "what?"
The search is still on though and I hope to find someone good.

Introduction
My story has ended, over to hair styles for men. I believe your hair cut defines who you are. From the Rastafarian look to the gentle man, naughty, sexy, or even hard, your hair cut goes a long way in telling people who you are.
I did a little search and the list is endless. From Afro to Jheri Curl, Under-cut, Bowl-cut, Braid, Dreadlocks, Buzz cut, Corn rows, or even Hi-top fade, the style you adopt depends on your boldness and creativity, and that of your barber.


Hair Styles
Obviously, there is an endless list of hair styles, as the hair stylist decides what it should be call. I will pick a few of the popular ones and talk about them.

  • Afro: Also called fro or natural hair was a symbol of African heritage in mid-1960. This hair style is created by combing the hair away from the scalp. It usually forms a round shape. If you are an African, you will remember your parents rocking this style back in the days (and if you are like me that don't remember the pictures speak for themselves). At this age and time, you will definitely look old-school if you try the Afro. If you still don't mind, you have to be on the meticulous side to maintain an Afro as you never know what your hair is going to pick up *winks*. You don't want to look unkempt when you go out.
  • Regular Hair Cut: This varies from continent to continent based on the predominant hair style and texture in that region. In Africa regular hair cut is achieved by lowering the hair to length that is not comb-able.
    I particularly love this style because it is "man on the go." If I forget to brush my hair, I could get my hair in place by just rubbing my hand over my hair. If you don't know what style to go with and you do not want to make mistakes trying, the regular hair cut is a safe zone.
  • Shade Up:
    This is usually combined with hair styles but can be done alone. It involves using a clipper or razor blade to line the hair, circling the entire head. I beat you never knew "lining" is called a shade up.
  • Waves: Every Nigerian child's dream hair. This is the most sought after African American hair style. As the name implies, the hair looks like water (more like a ripple) on the hair. Mine came rather naturally but as a kid we applied a lot of conditionals all in a bid to get waves.
    It costs about a thousand Naira to make your hair wavy in Nigeria.
  • Dreadlocks:
    Definitely not for the faint-hearten. Dreadlocks are associated mostly with Rastafarians. In dreadlocks, the hair is combined into several sections and made to lock on its own. If you are hoping to go for this, feel free but remember to wash your hair all ways, if possible every day. 
  • Jheri Curl: Popular with Micheal Jackson, in Jheri curl hair style, the hair appears wet and is curly. This is done by curl activators. If you are the typical African business man I know you do not want to try this.

As much as I do not have the right to tell you what style to go with. I believe some of you are like me who feel the need to try something new. May be not so out-spoken or probably you want to look entirely different. Your hair style goes a long way to boost your personality. Who doesn't want to look good?
The list could go on and on, so I will just post pictures of more hairstyles. Believe me I don't know the name of some of them.

shaved (Moro Moro)


Mohawk

Braided

Hi-top fade


References: hairstyledesign.com, hairstylescoops.com, wikipedia.org

8 comments:

  1. like men on dreadlocks, they look so cool!
    great post, very informative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool stuff.
    A definite must try, I keep on looking for hair style that suits my hairdressing taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! I have enjoyed reading your post. It is well written. It looks like you spend a large amount of time and effort in writing the blog. I am appreciating your good effort.

    web design austin
    austin web design

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi!,I love your writing very so much! percentage we communicate more about your post
    on AOL? I require an expert in this area to resolve my
    problem. May be that's you! Having a look ahead to see you.

    ReplyDelete