- Drink a lot of water: This is very helpful because drinking a lot of water can hydrate your body. It makes your skin glow, youthful and more elastic. For a start, I will advise that one drinks at least 300cl of water every day till your appetite for water gradually raises. Drinking a lot of water can prevent acne reason being that your body is pure inside and as such, prevents dry skin
- Eat well, eat right, and eat healthy: Especially vegetables and fruits. They are obviously nutritious; they help to purify your body, thereby lessening up on the oily foods. Clogged arteries mean less blood flow and less blood flow definitely results to bad skin
- Wash your face daily: This goes a long way to help in clearing the oil on your face so that pimple don't grow roots, let alone accumulate. A scrub is recommended to get rid of blackheads and an exfoliant to get rid of dead skin (St.Ives face and body scrub), making your skin feel that freshness it deserves thereby leaving your skin youthful.
- You must moisturize your skin after washing: It's more like taking a shower and putting on lotion. Even though it takes more time out of your day but trust me when I say it's worth it in the long run. If you have an oily skin, you should still moisturize with a light moisturizer or your skin will become dry underneath and over compensate by producing more oil. Note when choosing a moisturizer, choose one with an SPF 15 to 30 in order to protect you from the harsh sun.
- Change your pillow cases weekly: If you can recall, you will realize that whenever you sleep on your pillow, oil accumulates. Now think of what it's going to be like sleeping on the oil your face accumulated within the weeks you didn't change it, you will realize that your face gets worse than what it used to be.
Undoubtedly, it is natural for your face to have oil that is why if your body is clear from toxins; it is less likely that you break out. I'm not saying this to scare you or make you cut out the good food you have been enjoying but as much as you can, limit them.