Promote Your Business on Adblabla Now!

Advertisement



Tuesday, 29 October 2013

Crafts and Designs: Interview with Semi Crafts

Hello friends', featuring on the blog today is another fine designer/craft's person, the Managing Director of Semi Crafts, Olufunke Akinyemi. Do enjoy the interview.




9jafrik: Briefly tell us about yourself
Funke: I am Olufunke Akinyemi, a graduate of mass communication, married with two kids. I am the MD of Semi Craft Creation.

9jafrik: Semi Craft Creation, what inspired the name and what is it all about?
Funke: The name is coined from my kids' names, Semilore and Semilanu. Semi Craft is into Bead making, Wire works, Chainmaille, Beads Maille, Polymer Clay, Caterpillar design. Customized hand band. Beaded home decor and beaded bags.
Semi Crafts Creations also organizes seminar/training for Real Woman Foundation (RWF) periodically on Life Skills training center-vocational school on beads and Jewellery making.

9jafrik: How long have you been in business?
Funke: Since 2002.

9jafrik: Why did you choose crafts?
Funke: While waiting for my call up letter, I saw a friends' younger sister making beads and I loved the designs she make. So, she taught me the basic designs and that was it. It is what I enjoy doing because it requires patience and creativity.



9jafrik: At what point in time did you draw the line between professional career and crafts?
Funke: By the time I went for service, I was making a lot of money and when I finished I didn't bother to and look for a job because I go to my friends' offices to market my works.

9jafrik: It has been 11 years, how's the journey been so far?
Funke: The journey has been wonderful with a lot of challenge but God has been faithful all the while.

9jafrik: Challenges, what challenges do you face as a crafts person?
Funke: The challenges are low pricing of jobs by some customers. Also, bead making is not what it used to be because so many people are into the business.

9jafrik: I don't think I will be wrong to say you have seen the old and new generation of crafts making. What has changed so far and do you have any future speculations?
Funke: A lot of unique and lovely design is in vogue now. And I believe more exquisite designs are on the way.

9jafrik: Where do you draw your inspiration from?
Funke: From things around, from the internet and friends.

9jafrik: What should we expect from you in the coming years?
Funke: I hope to be greater and better than this, and Semi designs should be well known both home and abroad.

Contact Details
Location:  241, Iju road, Balogun bus-stop, Iju Ishaga, Lagos State.
Phone: 08028419329, 08187322987.
Email: semibeads@yahoo.com or de_toun@yahoo.com






No comments:

Post a Comment