Tuesday, 8 October 2013

Exclusive interview with Valisimo

Hello friends, we have a new face on the blog. She is a pro at what she does and her jobs speak for her. Welcome with me the Creative Director of Valisimo Fashion. As usual, I interviewed her and details are below. Hope you enjoy it.



9jafrik: Can you tell us about yourself?
Valerie: My name is Mrs Valerie Boglo. I am a family woman as well as a business woman. I am a fashion designer. I am a funny person, smart, cool; I love God and my family. I do not believe anything is by force; we all have choices to make.

At the age of 9 I started skipping school just to be with a seamstress near my school

9jafrik: Valisimofashions, what is it all about?
Valerie: It is a fashion house for fashion lovers. Since its inception in 2011, we have made hundreds of elegant designs for our loyal clients to grace different occasions such as weddings, naming ceremonies, and birthdays, amongst others. Our designs make our clients stand-out from others because of the colors, fabrics, and embellishments we use.
We also have a fashion school to help individuals who have a passion for fashion designing. We train them in the art of garment making, taking them from the start to finishing on clothes. The process of teaching fashion designing in Valisimo Fashion School has been made easy with our rich curriculum, comfortable learning environment, as well as our experienced tutors. We run full time programmes for 3, 6 and 9 months while our part time programmes are 5, 8 and 12 months, weekends only for people who are not free during weekdays.

9jafrik: Why did you go into fashion?
Valerie: I read mass communication in my university days but my desire to be a fashion designer started way back when I was a kid. At the age of 9 I started skipping school just to be with a seamstress near my school.
When the term ended and my report card came out my parent got to know that I wasn't getting to school each time I told them I was going to school. They made me promise to go to school, and I made them promise not to stop my fashion career. Over the years as I graduated academically so did I improve my vocational skills in fashion designing.

Images from Valisimo fashion show

9jafrik: What have been your challenges so far?
Valerie: Poor electricity, over taxing from local government, no financial support from the government. I have to invest so much to help train people thus help to solve the problems of unemployment and I expect to be compensated somehow.

9jafrik: Where do you hope to be in the coming years?
Valerie: I hope to go for international shows and fully represent Nigeria with my God giving talent. To have helped improve people's lives in terms of training them to be financially self-dependent and not wait for a paid employment when they can create job opportunities for themselves and others. I want to be remembered as a fashion icon even when I am long gone.

9jafrik: Who will you advise not to take up fashion as a profession?
Valerie: Those that don't have the spirit of endurance. Fashion designing is different from fashion photography. Many people think what they see on fashion magazines are that easy to make, but the truth is that as beautiful as a dress in a picture is, someone did the job of cutting that material from yards into a beautiful outfit.

Contact Details
Phone: 08096577157, 07083414341
Website: www.valisimofashions.com
Blog: www.valisimofashions.blogspot.com
Twitter:  @valisimofashion
Facebook: www.facebook.com/valisimofashions

...pictures and more pictures











4 comments:

  1. Sure! She's going international. Good job babes! (Sultry E)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one girl Pls accept my bbm request

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cool!
    I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme?
    Excellent work!

    Fashion Designing Training

    ReplyDelete