Monday, 7 October 2013

Interview with dmPro Makeovers

Hello friends, we have someone new on the blog today. It was a privilege interviewing her as with other designers and artists. Her answers were so full that I could bet see is so full of contents and quality too. Anyways, welcome with me Creative Director, DmPro Makeovers and enjoy the interview below.



9jafrik: Can you briefly tell us about yourself?
DmPro: My name is Adedoyin Mayungbe. I am 30 years old, happily married with two kids. I am a professional Makeup Artist, 5ft, 6" tall. Love eating rice and plantain, also love music and makeup. I have been in the business of makeup for 4 years.

I do not want to be in the group of unemployed Nigerian graduates.

9jafrik: Why did you go into Makeup?
DmPro: I do not want to be in the group of unemployed Nigerian graduates. I had a BSc in accounting from OOU, 2009/2010. I have the passion for makeup so I decided to join the makeup industry. So far, it has been part of me. I love giving people that beautiful look

9jafrik: What have been your challenges so far?
DmPro: One challenge is that there are a lot of novices when it comes to makeup. It takes time to convince a bride to pay as much to get a professional touch. Also, people should appreciate makeup artists more.



9jafrik: In your own light, who needs a Makeup artist?
DmPro: Everybody needs a makeup artist because we all attend functions. You may choose to do your daily makeup by yourself but you should have the professional's touch when you are going for a function. You get more respect when you look professional.

Foundation, Eyeliner, Mascara, Lipstick, and Powder

9jafrik: What are your top 5 Makeup must haves?
DmPro: Foundation, Eyeliner, Mascara, Lipstick, and Powder.

9jafrik: How has your brand evolve in the last 4 years?
DmPro: My brand has been within my state and some states around me because there are several makeup artists.

9jafrik: Where do you hope to be in the coming years?
DmPro: I want to be known, both I and my brand. I hope to be among the top 20 Makeup Artists in Nigeria.

Contact Details
Location: Ijebu-Ode
Phone: 08057028541, 08184785742
Email: princessyetuns@yahoo.com
Bbm: 222145f14

...more photos




6 comments:

  1. She seem like such a great artist. Its fair to say that this interview has changed my view on make up, I usually don't wear it, so for her to actually point out the importance of make up really changed my mind!

    Love,
    http://cherrydunia.blogspot.dk/2013/10/day-3-in-budapest.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. A lot of people have misconceptions about makeup. They think they can do it themselves, not do it at all, or even short change quality.

      Delete
  2. This is just rubbish. Why not be original and get your own brand name. You are ripping off on BM PRO, Banke Meshida Lawal's brand. Even if you are good, your chosen name belittles you, the public will think you are trying to scam off BM pro.. Shameful..... Toothfairy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very sorry you feel this way. I am in no position to speak for dmPro. Do expect a reply from her.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. @Anonymous i av a registered business name dmpro for the past years. it is the duty of C A C to deny me of registration if there was a name like that in existence. I am not ripping off BM.

    ReplyDelete