Promote Your Business on Adblabla Now!

Advertisement



Tuesday, 15 October 2013

Makeup Artist: Àrà by Laide Makeovers

Hello friends, this is one of those articles I prepare while smiling, reason being that I was impressed beyond measure by the artist. There are Makeup artists and there are makeup artists. Laide is one of those makeup artists. She is one of a kind; I have never seen anyone or anything like her or her jobs.
Without wasting much time, details of an interview with her are below. Get ready to be blown away.



9jafrik: Briefly tell us about yourself.
Laide: My name is Olaide Mopelola Banjo, born and bred in Lagos into a family of three. I'm the last child, still in school, the University of Lagos. I did a diploma course in mass communication and presently studying English language, I have a cocktail of personalities.

9jafrik: We hear you are a Makeup artist, can you tell us about it?
Laide: I started my brand Àrà by Laide Makeovers official January 2013. I never saw this coming because I basically practiced makeup on my face (just for my personal use). I love perfection and looking good and I eventually started us practicing on people's face.

9jafrik: So what is Makeup to you?
Laide: Makeup as we all know is cosmetics, colorants and other substances applied to the skin to improve appearance. Makeup to me is about making people happy and appreciating their appearance, not necessarily making them look entirely different but just to enhance their looks.

9jafrik: Do you have any plans of taking makeup as a profession?
Laide: Definitely. It's a passion for me but I have to take one step at a time.

9jafrik: Where do you draw your inspiration from, is Makeup just an experiment to you?
Laide: My hands are magical, laughs. I express anything that comes to my mind on my client. Although I specialize in avant-garde look as I love to be different and I love expanding my horizon by trying out new things, things you don't see on the regularly. At times when I'm less busy I also go online and surf for some inspiration.



9jafrik: What are some of the challenges associated with your line of business?
Laide: Some clients can be very demanding; you can't do anything to please them. But when you are in this line of business you have to learn how to persevere and most importantly careful with communication because people can misinterpret what you say. At the end of the day, you must please your clients

9jafrik: What would you like to change in the MU industry?
Laide: What I think I'm already doing, bringing uniqueness and creativity, something different, I mean not the usual looks we see every day. We should think outside the box.

9jafrik: Are there Nigerian Makeup artists you admire?
Laide: Well I love Banke Meshida; she is very detailed and neat with her jobs.

Contact details
Phone: 08188629604, 07065156411, 07087389415
Email: arabylaide@gmail.com
Bbm: 2AC2E350

...now the part we've all been waiting for, let the pictures speak.
















4 comments:

  1. Love the pencils in the hair.
    Kisses.
    www.fercyland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha. Are those pencils? Great artist though, glad you love it Fernanda

      Delete
  2. Those r BB brushes lol....great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article.
    I'll make sure to bookmark it and return to learn more of your useful info.
    Thanks for the post. I will certainly comeback.

    my blog :: hairdressers Manchester

    ReplyDelete