Stay healthy and beautiful:Some tips to basic skincare include sleeping, protecting the skin from sun, water, exercising, nutrition, not smoking and reducing the intake of caffeine and alcohol.
- Sleeping creates time for the body's cells to repair and regenerate
- Excess sun can cause rapid dehydration, wrinkles, premature aging. Hence, a sun protection factor (SPF) is advised.
- Drinking water helps flush out toxins and keep the skin clear.
- Exercising is a skincare essential, few minutes of exercise can boost the immune system, bring more oxygen to skin, strengthen the heart etc.
- Nutrition: Healthy skin begins with good nutrition, which helps replace dead skin cells. Food that contains Vitamins A, C and E are important for healthy skin. Vitamin A prevents aging, Vitamin C promotes clarity, Vitamin E protect against the environment.
- Smoking causes the skin to age prematurely, robs the skin of oxygen thereby causing flaky, dull and gray skin. It also leads to sagging and wrinkling
- Alcohol can cause allergic reactions such as rashes and hives.