Promote Your Business on Adblabla Now!

Advertisement



Wednesday, 2 October 2013

Uprising Model: MACELINA GABRIEL

Hello friends, how are you all doing? I believe everything has been fine.
For the article today, I am featuring one of Nigeria's upcoming models. I was able to contact her some weeks ago and it has been push for an interview. Anyways, here it is. Hope you enjoy it.



9jafrik: Can we meet you?
Lina: My name is Macelina Gabriel, I am from Imo state, born and brought up in the city of Port Harcourt. I am a 300 level student of Mass communication of the Imo state University and also a model.

9jafrik: Why did you go into modelling?
Lina: I chose modelling because I love it. I love to be on the screens, I want to make an impact. I also have the physique for modelling. Modelling pays and it has exposed me rightly.

9jafrik: For how long have you been modelling?
Lina: For 2 years now.

9jafrik: Who or what inspires you?
Lina: Tyra Bank inspires me. There was a time I felt I couldn't do it. I had the physique but I am bursty. I felt modelling wasn't for me and my colleagues said so too. But when I read about and saw pictures of Tyra, I was encouraged and inspired. She is a well- known super model but yet bursty.
I have come far, done many shows, and doing big today.

9jafrik: What are your challenges so far?
Lina: One of the challenges is my education. Modelling and schooling at the same time isn't easy. Also Nigeria poses a challenge in itself.  Models need to be recognized the more, nationwide and modelling made a profession.

9jafrik: What agencies/brands/designers have you modeled for?
Lina: I have worked with a lot of designers, both Nigerian and abroad. I have modeled for Zhalima Graziona, Paul, Revamp, Nick Coreleone, House of Ebisi, Belicious, and many others. I have also done look books for some of them.



9jafrik: What does it take to be a model?
Lina: It doesn't take much. Just be completely beautiful, intelligent, and confident. Although there are varieties of modelling platforms; beauty pageants, runway models, facials, events, etc. each of this platform has its own requirements but the basic is beauty, confidence, and intelligence.

9jafrik: What is your general philosophy about life?
Lina: Life for me is a gift with so many opportunities, which has its ups and downs.

9jafrik: What advice do you have for upcoming models?
Lina: My advice for upcoming models is stay focused, believe and work hard for your dreams. Also get signed up with an agency that will coach and be there for you.

9jafrik: Finally, do you have any dream brands/agencies you will like to work with?
Lina: Eh-mm, I am already signed up with one of the biggest modelling agency in Nigeria but I still love and want to work for Victoria's Secret.

Other Details
Complexion: Dark
Height: 5ft., 9''

...over to the pictures






4 comments: