Tuesday, 12 November 2013

Exclusive interview with Sharonita Accessories

Some are good, some are great, some are different, some are complacent, and some are on top of their game, while some just do it because it is their passion. Inspired by colors, Sharon is one lady who is on top of her game in the accessory industry. Join us as we explore the life of this young, talented lady.




9jafrik: Briefly tell us about yourself
Sharon: My name is Sharon Folly; I am a Nigerian and married. I am the Creative Director of Sharonita Accessories. I hold a BSc degree in Economics from the University of Nigeria. I am very creative and I love colors.

9jafrik: Sharonita Accessories. What is it all about?
Sharon:
Sharonita Accessories is a brand that focuses on providing unique and sophisticated female accessories such as neck pieces, costumes, bracelets, earrings, rings, etc. We design our pieces using quality beads and African fabric, we make them available in various designs, patterns, style and color combination to suit any individual and attire whether causal, corporate or native. Our accessories can be considered as the perfect accessory to add elegance to the personality of the wearer.

9jafrik: How long have you been in the accessory business?
Sharon: Almost a year now, by 13th November, 2013 Sharonita Accessories will be one year.

9jafrik: Why did you choose female accessories?
Sharon:
I decided to go into female accessories because I get to explore my creativity and also play with a lot of colors. Female accessories need to be crafted and designed with a lot details which I enjoy doing a lot.

9jafrik: How about our formal university education, what happens to it?
Sharon: Hmm, being a graduate doesn't necessarily mean that I have a career in the corporate world. Although after my graduation, I worked for a few years, and honestly, I tell you, that job was so monotonous, I was doing the same thing over and over again.

9jafrik: In almost a year, how far have you gone? What are the things you've seen in the industry, what are the challenges, and what will you like to change?
Sharon:
The journey has been amazing and I thank God, I have realized that women love unique pieces and they patronize when they see one that is outstanding. So far, Sharonita Accessories has been able to penetrate the market to some extent. We still have a long way to go as we intend to be a household name in Nigeria and the world at large. Talking about the industry, it is quiet large and diverse. There are countless designers making different pieces of accessories, thousands and thousands of bead/jewellery makers competing with each other. But of course, there is room for everyone, like the saying goes "the sky is big enough for all birds to fly in". The challenges in this industry especially here in Nigeria is that, we don't really appreciate "made in Nigeria", secondly, buyers tend to price lower, they feel since pieces are handmade, prices are supposed to be so low, without considering that we buy the raw materials as well. Thirdly, increase in competition.
I don't think I will like to change anything in this industry, I will rather focus my energy creating designs that will accepted by different individuals and personalities.



9jafrik: Where do you draw your inspiration from?
Sharon:
God Almighty, I pray a simple pray every day asking Him for fresh inspiration. He answers me and as soon as I see colors the inspiration just comes.

9jafrik: Do you have a unique signature? If yes, what is it?
Sharon:
I will say our "special round silver balls & charms" which is in most of our pieces especially our bracelets and earring.

9jafrik: What should we expect from you in the coming years?
Sharon: 
In the next few years, expect to see Sharonita Accessories in the international market and expect more elegant and sophisticated designs from us.

Contact Details
Phone/Whatsapp: 08178599622

Bbm: 23808264
Facebook: www.facebook.com/SharonitaAccessories
 

...pictures and more pictures












No comments:

Post a Comment