100gm Sugar (you can add more if you like)
350gm. Flour (you will need a little more for rolling the cookies)
1 tsp. flavouring (vanilla, butterscotch or any flavour you desire)
100gm Quaker oats (any brand will do)
50gm chocolate (for sprinkling over the chocolate .this is optional and the cookies still taste fine without it.)
Cookie cutters (any shape or size will do)
• Grease a sheet pan and set aside
• Measure ingredients accurately.
• Place the butter, sugar and flavour into a mixing bowl. Cream these ingredients. Do not cream like cake mixture, only a little amount of creaming is required, so the cookie will retain its shape and not spread too much.
• Add the egg and blend in at low speed.
• Sieve the flour, mix into mixture until just combined. Do not over mix.
• Add the Quaker oats into the mixture, mix until just combined.
• Roll out on a board about 1/8 inch (3cm) thick and cut out with your cookie cutter. Bake in a moderately hot oven till cookie browns on top, bring out of the oven and leave to cool. Serve or store in airtight jars to retain crunch and freshness. I took the liberty of sealing mine in small nylons ready for school or sale? Which do you think ...wink!
Packaged cookies ready for school or sale!
Article by: Chizzy Chops
Phone: 08023750029, 08176573132