Promote Your Business on Adblabla Now!

Advertisement



Thursday, 1 September 2016

Exclusive Interview with CEO Ngodoo Makeovers #makeup #beauty #ngodoomakeovers

Hello Lovelies , how have you been?
On today's feature series, we present to you one of Africa's talented makeup artist, the CEO of Ngodoo Makeovers. Do enjoy our conversation with her.

Photo: Cassandra Iornumbe , CEO Ngodoo Makeovers

9jafrikfashion: Tell us about yourself
Cassandra : "My name is Cassandra Iornumbe, am from katsina ala local government, Benue state, Nigeria.
I am a 300 level student of  University of Mkar ,Mass Communication Department.

9jafrikfashion: Tell us about Ngodoo makeovers
Cassandra: Ngodoo makeovers is the name of my makeup business.
Ngodoo Makeovers is something made with passion.
The name Ngodoo is actually my native name. The meaning is "mother is good" and my mother is the reason I am alive today so I decided to name my business after her.

9jafrikfashion: How long have you been into makeup?
Cassandra : I have been into makeup since October, 2015, its been 10 months precisely.

 

9jafrikfashion: How do you combine school and the job of a makeup artist?
Cassandra : Hmmm it's challenging. Sometimes I have to take a job at the expense of my studies.
All the same its worth it. Its not easy. But once the passion is there u can do anything

9jafrikfashion: What are the biggest challenges you face as a makeup artist?
Cassandra: Every job has its challenges, mine is not an exception.
Getting capital to start this business was difficult as I had no one to sponsor me. I had to go hungry in order to build up a kit. Some times when u charge people a lot for your services they think u just want to exploit them not knowing that these cosmetics are expensive.  And it really takes being creative to be able to make a face which involves Choosing suitable colors for different skin types.


9jafrikfashion: How would you prepare dry and oily skin for foundation makeup application?
Cassandra:
For the dry skin I make use of my baby Vaseline as moisturizer to make the skin smooth .
As for the oily skin i make use of face wipes. A bit of an oil control white powder before applying the foundation. This will help control the oil.

9jafrikfashion: tell us about your experience as a makeup artist.
 Cassandra: Its been a wonderful experience , although sometimes people underrate my ability to handle their faces but one thing I thank God for is that at the end i am able to leave a good impression.

9jafrikfashion: How do you determine a client's undertone before you decide what makeup technique to choose?
Cassandra: I just look at you and I know that this particular look will be good on you.
I imagine it. It comes naturally.


9jafrikfashion: How did you discover your love for makeup?
Cassandra:
I always look at makeup artist and their works. I really felt a sharp reminder telling me to do makeup. Makeup has always been a part of me right from when I was 12. I'll take my mother's cosmetics and use them.  I began to watch tutorials on YouTube and that's how it turned out.


9jafrikfashion: where do you draw your inspiration from?
Cassandra: From the makeup artist Uwani Aliyu, She inspires me. Learning from her videos is so wonderful



9jafrikfashion: What are your plans for the future?
Cassandra: To own a cosmetics line. I will train people in makeup. I will have a makeup school.


9jafrikfashion: Thanks for your time Cassandra!


Contact details:

Facebook: Ngodoo makeovers/ Casandra Cassie Ngodoo

Instagram: ngodoo_makeovers_ceo

WhatsApp: 08146302060





like what you see? then contact Cassandra with the contact information above!

and don't forget to tell us how you feel about this post by commenting below 

thanks for reading! *kisses*

1 comment:

  1. Impressive. You are really doing a nice job, ma'am. More greese to your elbows.

    ReplyDelete